Wednesday, August 29, 2007

School Is In Session

This was the first week back at Pitt. I have quite the variety of classes - none of them have much to do with my degree. I had needed to pick only 13 credits to reach the required 120. When I chose my classes I settled on Intro to Film (its a lit class), Romance and Fantasy Literature, Childhood Literature, Intro to Basic Computer Programming, and Soccer. Interesting eh? Well it involves A LOT of reading. Maybe I was crazy to take three literature classes in one semester? Oh well, at least I'll be finished by December. Hard to imagine being completely done with school. Also hard to imagine it'll be 5 years this June since I graduated high school. It really does not feel like it has been so long already...where does the time go!?

I was talking with my brother (a senior at the high school now) at dinner tonight about certain little things in the school; hall monitors who still watch over seniors on the senior patio, pickle races on the cafeteria windows, how fun it is to work in the guidance office and how to sign up for 'office duty', even the types of hair cuts some of the teachers have had over the years. Thats what I love about Deer Lakes. Sure we all complain about our mold problem in the building and how small our school district is, but in reality, its a great little township. Everyone knows everyone and very little changes over time. I like that, I hope to raise a family in West Deer in the future.

Another step in the planing of my wedding is coming up. Today the florist FINALLY returned my call. I had been trying to get a hold of her for a week and was beginning to give up. Back in November at the bridal gown event where I got my dress, I had caught a bouquet from a florist. As a result, I won a $250 gift certificate toward my flowers for my wedding. So obviously, I was anxious to hear back from the florist where I have a nice $250 discount! My mom and I will meet with her next Friday to look at options! Its so exciting! Now I just have to find some pictures of floral arrangements I like. Tulips are my favorite, maybe I'll be able to find some examples of tulips in arrangements!

Lastly, as of Tuesday, it has been one month since Tony and the guys deployed. One long month down, about 5 or 6 more to go. There is no way to tell this early when they will be back. Could be 5 months from now, could be 6. Anyone familiar with the Marines knows that days/times ALWAYS change at least once! Don't try to figure it out, it'll drive ya crazy so we just guess and wait! :)

4 comments:

~Betsy said...

I'm so glad the florist finally got back to you. One step closer to having things all in order for the big day! YAY!

Lauren said...

YAY FOR FLOWERS!!! HOW EXCITING! I was watching a wedding show last night and a couple spent 17,000 on flowers. Dont spend that much

~Betsy said...

YIKES! I can assure you we won't be anywhere close to $17,000 for flowers!

Nikki said...

OMG 17,000!??!?! I honestly think I'd have to try really hard to spend that hahaha, I know like 5 kinds of flowers and I like my tulips! lol