Friday, August 24, 2007

Another Year Older...

Well yesterday I turned 22. To me, it sounds a lot older than 21, I mean obviously it is, but it seems a lot older. Maybe its just my imagination!

Aside from missing Tony, I had a great birthday! My parents got me awesome pots and pans! Never thought I'd see the day where a box with pots and pans as a gift would make me so happy, haha! Guess thats part of getting older. I also got 2 sets of coca-cola glasses. Its a long story but they were an item Tony and I had an argument over putting in our wedding registry. I see nothing wrong with them, I barely remember what we were fighting about. So my parents thought it was hilarious to get them. Haha! I like them though! :) I also got a video game for my hand held Nintendo DS game (quite a variety of gifts eh?) I'll always be a kid at heart playing video games!

Yesterday, mom and I made the rounds, returning some DVDs to Walmart that I have already (I have 200 DVDs so its hard to buy me ones I don't have, but they were awesome DVDs that my brother got me! Guess thats why I have them and why he picked them!) They had no power for some reason, so we were shoved out the door with the cash refund instead of finding something to exchange it for. Oh well, more business for Target up the street! Which was what my mother and I did; we returned some shirts that were too large. I exchanged one and since we couldn't find the other color anymore, I got another DS game and save the date cards to send out to my out of state guests. Most of them are Tony's family on both his mother and father's side, they will be coming from Virginia, New Jersey, and Florida mostly so I like these save the date cards for a heads up before I send the formal invitations.

I also had a lovely long Birthday phone call from my marine yesterday! He called at about 9:30am (7:30pm Greece time) we talked for like 40 mins, it was a great present! Its so nice to talk on the phone for longer than five minutes. It just helps this whole situation and fuels me for another few days or weeks with out a call. He has been emailing me nearly every day, that helps too.

Last night, my kitty Jasper had an appointment at the vet's office. We suspect he might be diabetic. He has all of the symptoms: extreme hunger, loss of weight, constant urination, drinking a lot of water, and just not himself. My mom and I drove him out to the vet. Poor Jasper was so stressed in the car ride that he messed himself the whole way. OH what an awful smell!! So it was a long and smelly ride for all three of us! Once we got him there, the vet assistant had her work cut out for her, good thing she is young and eager to learn! He stayed the night since he was a little dehydrated and very messy. So first thing this morning we got a call saying our suspicions were correct and he is indeed diabetic. Poor guy's sugar was 450! Apparently blood sugar levels in cats are similar to humans, so he should be between 80 and 120. Poor Jasper must have felt so goofy with sugar that high. We will treat him with insulin. Our critters are part of the family, I guess some people would put their animals down if they have diabetes and they do not want to fund for the insulin treatment. We can't do that!

So my Birthday turned out better than I expected. I have a great family and wonderful friends who sent me lots of online Birthday wishes. It was my last Birthday as a single lady (legally) Next year I will turn 23 as a married woman! :)

1 comment:

~Betsy said...

I guess it wasn't such a bad birthday afterall, huh? You say you are a kid at heart - I highly recommend staying that way! :)