Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Finally!

At last! Tony sent me an email yesterday evening! I had just gotten home from a meeting at work. I came upstairs to drop off my purse and change into my cozy clothes. I looked over at my computer (which I've been hovering over for days waiting for that email) and thought 'it doesn't hurt to check...' Sure enough there was a nice long email there from him! He said how much it sucks on the ship - it made me feel so bad, I wish I could make it better. I think it motivated me to try to be stronger and be there for him to make his time on the ship less 'sucky.' I've started a little list of things for my first care package. I hope to make it to Walmart before work today to pick up a few things and ship it out either today or tomorrow. Thank goodness for flat-rate USPS boxes! No matter where they are going in the world, its always ends up costing only eight bucks. That completely works for my budget!

He also said how there is definitely going to be a fight between the Marines and Sailors on the ship. Sort of reminds me of high school rivals ready to duke it out after a football game :) I just hope no one gets hurt! And I hope they don't get into trouble. It wouldn't surprise me if the higher-ups took their time off in the ports away as punishment, they would not even think twice about it. So lets hope they behave! He said that there are only certain times throughout the day when the Marines are allowed to use the computers. He also said that the Sailors do random drills which shut off most of the ship to the Marines.These are reasons why he hasn't been able to email me as much as he wants.

So even though the sky is gray, the rain is falling, and the thunder rumbling; today is a much better day for me. Its the first step of getting back into deployment mode!

1 comment:

~Betsy said...

Told ya' there had to be some reason he couldn't write every day!

The battle between the Marines and the Sailors is decades old - this rivalry is nothing new. I just hope they behave themselves because seven months of living together in tight quarters could be a real pain if they can't work out their differences.