Saturday, August 4, 2007

Its Not Even A Week Yet?...What?

Well, its Saturday (technically Sunday). Tony left Tuesday, feels like its been weeks rather than days. I miss him terribly. Its funny because I never realized just how often we would call each other. I really notice it when I drive home from work or school. Even on breaks at work, I'd sit down with my drink and call my buddy. And I know I can call my mom, shes my buddy too, but I do miss calling him and it hasn't even been a week...

I think it'll get better as time goes on. Once I get into a routine - like last time. Right now I just feel like I'm standing in a room full of people running around and I am in slow motion just watching them. I did get an email from Tony last night around this time. It made my night. I squealed with joy and my heart began to beat quickly. I needed those few sentences! Every bit helps. So the quick email full of "i love you" and "i miss you" will fuel me up for a few more days before I hear from him again. I think this deployment will be mainly email as communication. I guess since he isn't in a combat zone, they are not so concerned with Marines calling home. Which I guess I understand - I'd MUCH rather he be on a ship than in Iraq.

Today was a busy day. I was up at 6:00 to get over to my grandparents house to help with their neighborhood yard sale. I think they really look forward to me coming to help. We worked hard to get it all set up and nice. I was shocked when it was noon and we still had tons of things! We had nice things for nice prices. My grandma had beautiful things. She didn't sell any of them. I made 19.10 and she only made 4.95. It was discouraging and I felt so bad for my grandma. I suppose the garage sale junkie generation is slowly fading away and being replaced by ebay-ers, what a shame.

Work was slow as well tonight. My boss said "where is everyone?" I replied "they certainly weren't at my garage sale!"

1 comment:

~Betsy said...

So I think you should journal - to pass the time. Write your thoughts and feelings. Share with him if you wish or just keep it to your own private world. And always remember, the last great generation (like Aunt Peg and Uncle Hap) learned how much they really loved each other when he was in the Navy and Army. They celebrated their 50th anniversary shortly before he died. There is something to be said for 50 years of marriage!