Friday, October 5, 2007

TGIF to the max

Yes, Friday, alas! School has been nuts and I have been so looking forward to today. Today I have no work and no school. I have no where I NEED to be and nothing I NEED to do! I can't remember how long its been since this! haha

I have a huge list of things I want to get done. First off, I plan on catching up my homework. This shouldn't be too hard to do (yeah other than the few hundred pages of reading I have)

Tony called me 40 minutes ago. There are no words to explain the excited feeling I get when I see that wacky phone number on my cell phone caller ID. He sounds good, congested though! He said the sand and dust has been getting to his nose, I heard him sneeze a few times. Other than that, he sounds great. Filling me in on all the gossip about the guys. Explaining what you are supposed to use to clean a rifle and how its done. We have a webcam date at 2:30 today! yay! It might be one of the last times I "see" him before he gets back to America. Soon they are going back onto the ship - or back into the no communication mode! No phones, no AIM, just the email provided to them. Even the postal service is very slow and limited. I have gotten spoiled by our daily phone calls. I'm sure Tony has become very accustomed to these daily calls as well. I can't imagine how he must feel all cooped up on a ship for weeks at a time with all those guys and no phones. Its going to be tough to get back into the swing of having little to no phone calls...I hope they got the phones fixed on the ship...

But BOY am I happy its Friday :)

2 comments:

~Betsy said...

YAY for Tony calls! Even I get excited! LOL

Lauren said...

YAY! Your Momma is right! YAY FOR TONY AND SCOTT CALLS!! WOO HOOO! :) They brighten our days!