Friday, October 26, 2007

T.G.I.F.

So mom and I worked things out. Last week we even went to Walmart and dropped a large amount of money on care package goodies! I guess we both just have a lot on our plates, mom especially, and we take it out on each other. Sometimes we're so alike that our heads just clash like two mountain goats, neither one ready to give in!

I decorated and sent my Thanksgiving package this week. Its pretty dorky but I love it and Tony says he loves them too. I did the Halloween one a lot like this and I
should have taken a picture of it! But he said even the guys thought its cute and creative. LOL OR he is just telling me that so I don't feel silly. Oh well his Christmas, Winter, and New Years ones will be JUST as cute and creative!



The past week is a blur. I had two exams on Tuesday. I spent all of Monday night studying for them. Then I worked Wednesday and Thursday night after school. I got one exam back in my Childhood Literature class already yesterday. With bonus and arguing one of my answers with the prof, I ended up with a 93! I'll take that! Since I failed the last exam! Haha! I believe I'll get the results of the computer exam on Tuesday (oh boy)

And now I find myself sitting here Friday morning. The week is practically over. I'm not complaining though. Because this Tuesday is the HALF WAY POINT of this deployment. Oh thank goodness. This deployment is not as nerve wrecking as the last one. This time, I know he is not running down the streets of Ramadi dodging bullets and IEDs. Sometimes I do get a bit nervous if I hear of a crisis in the Middle East and I worry he might get called out to go there. But then I relax again and remember the news makes everything into a crisis these days. The military defines a crisis a lot differently than the US media.

I got roses the other day too! I think it was Tuesday. I was so surprised. I knew he had gotten me something and it was on its way, but I didn't think it would be roses! They're beautiful and I love them! I know they're just flowers, but its the thought and the effort it takes for him to order the flowers. It just means a lot and even though they'll be very dead in about another week, its that feeling and memory that will stick forever! :)






Today is my day off, YES! I am watching gram for mom while she goes into work for a few hours. I plan on getting caught up on some homework. I might even go to the gym and tanning. I'm waiting to get a call from Torrie to see if she is motivated to go with me. I am so happy for a day off. I have a day off Sunday too. Oh they are so needed!

1 comment:

~Betsy said...

The halfway point sounds terrific - it's like over the hump day for deployments!

Yes, we are similar creatures and some days that makes for a lot of hot tempers and mean comments. But, I love ya' bud. And I'm damn proud of you!