Monday, October 8, 2007

Nearly 10 weeks down!

Well, today was the hottest October day on record for the city of Pittsburgh with a high of 87 degrees. Way to go mother nature! Break those records!

Today was just a regular Monday: Film class 11:00-12:55, lunch break with my "health" salad, then Fantasy ad Romance lit class from 3:00-4:15. However, this particular Monday I was lucky to get a phone call on my way to school, a phone call on my way home from school, and a quick web cam session with Tony! Days like these are what keep me going.

As for school, I'm behind on all of my reading, but trying my hardest to catch up! I am supposed to have the entire Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring read by Wednesday...sure thing, only 590 pages to go! I'll get RIGHT on that. Tonight I have to read the rest of Go Ask Alice (about 150 pages) and try to start on my Computer Project. Its just overwhelming sometimes.

Friday Tony will be getting back on the ship at 2am his time. I think he is tired of Kuwait so he is ready to get out of there. I'll feel better if he gets out of the middle east as well, however, that means no communication time. Ugh. Just the thought of this is like a rock in my gut. I hate not talking to him, it makes this whole situation even worse. He is excited though because he says all the guys feel like homecoming is right around the corner. I guess because they'll be setting off for home almost a month before they actually hit port in the US. Hey, whatever works for them and keeps their minds there while they go through the deployment!

I've already begun preparations for my Thanksgiving Care Package! haha! This is a bit tough since I can't exactly pack up a turkey, potatoes, and pumpkin pie!! I'll find some creative ideas :) Just wait until Christmas! He might need two boxes for that ;)

Happily, tomorrow marks 10 weeks down and about 16 more to go...almost at the half way point!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

AH THREE MORE WEEKS AND WE WILL BE HALF WAY! I LOVE IT! OH NIKKI YAY! Today it is officially ten weeks and I am so excited for another X on the calendar. Its hard to contain myself on Tuesdays.

~Betsy said...

Hang in there girls! It won't be long now! :)