Monday, October 15, 2007

Well....or lack-there-of...

I've had no time to post lately. If its not school, its work - or just lack of focus and motivation. Even know its 10 til midnight and I should be in bed. I've become a creature of the night-hard to fall asleep but even harder to wake up each morning. This is not like me, but maybe I'm changing? Maybe its college and working taking its toll? Maybe its these damn deployments...

This morning I was proud I woke up before 9am (I have to leave here at 10). I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and got a shower. About 45 mins later I was finishing up getting ready and sorting my books out when I hear my mom yell up "NIKKI DON'T FLUSH ANYTHING WE HAVE NO WATER" uhmm WHAT? Yep. No water. Yes, its quite lovely out here in the country. Fresh air, no neighbors. BUT, we have a well. This summer was rather dry. It wasn't exactly the hottest summer, but we didn't have a lot of rain. I guess it all caught up with us this morning. My mom was so angry. She had my gram getting ready for her shower and what a shock to turn on the water and have nothing come out. I guess there is a bit of water, but it was so low that it didn't reach the pump. I was thankful to be able to get my shower, but my mom didn't get one and neither did my gram. I felt like it was partially my fault. But if I had known we were low, my shower would have been 3 mins rather than 10...Thus we are on mega conservation mode. Tonight I washed my face with a jug of water and brushed my teeth with my water bottle I had with me at school today. Makes me feel like I'm on Survivor.

Tomorrow I have soccer which involves wearing shorts. The chilly temperatures this weekend did not agree with my smooth, hairless legs. SO, tomorrow I will attempt to shave my legs with my jug of water. Wish me luck.


(ps...tomorrow is 11 weeks down and 15ish to go...please hurry up!)

2 comments:

~Betsy said...

You should have seen the stares I got at Wal-Mart with my cart full of bottled water yesterday. Pfft.

I hate not having water - it's right up there with loosing electric. When and if they bring the public water through here, I will be first in line to pipe in. Then this place will truly be paradise!

Lauren said...

HAHAHA BETSY MY MOM SAYS THAT SAME THING ABOUT PIPING IN. At least there is still electric at the house, with no electric you have NOTHING... not even the water!

I feel your pain guys, I'm so sorry, it has been raining all day today and yesterday, hopefully some of it will come your way soon!