Friday, September 14, 2007

Where Did This Week Go?

Its been a while since I've had time to sit down and update my blog, let alone read my two favorites! (mom and Lauren's) I apologize for that guys!

This week has felt like a blur. Sunday we went to the Genesis concert at the Melon Arena. It was so fantastic! I grew up listening to ALL of those songs. They were all so familiar to me even after years of not hearing them. I knew most of the words or at least could hear it in my head. It was so great, I'd definitely see them again. This video is from the concert we were at, I did not film it but I thought it was cool since I was THERE! We were to the left of the stage, this was filmed from the right. Great concert!! :)



PS - take note of how nice and loud us Pittsburghers got in the crowd! Some of those loud whistles were mine, thank you very much! hehehe

As for this week, I'm not sure if it was work or school or a combination of the two - it seriously flew by. This is a good thing I guess, since it means one more week closer to homecoming! This Tuesday will be 7 weeks since Tony left. Hard to believe its nearly 2 months. At times it feel sooo slow, then there are weeks like this past week where the time passes quickly.

I've been lucky enough to talk to Tony nearly every day for a week. Give or take a few. He has been on Instant Messenger as well as calling me. I think its pathetic that they make the guys pay for internet access if they want to use a messenger service. Also, the calling cards are chopped in half 3 times! I bought him 800 minutes the one day and he ended up with barely an hour and half worth of call time. I've just ordered a 550 min Global calling card, they claim they get more for the minutes, we'll see!

He also was able to get to a webcam! How AWESOME is that?! I was actually able to see him live-time over the internet. I'll tell ya, my smile was about 5 miles long lol. It really helped to boost my spirits and keep me going. From what Tony says, it has done the same for him. How exciting!! :)

Tuesday after school, I toyed with the thought of driving out to the barn for the weekly trail ride. I finally said "I'm just going to go" And I went. I hadn't gone to one for nearly a year. Last year, they went Fridays and I usually had to work. There were about 11 of us that went. The weather was beautiful and I could tell Fanny was enjoying the ride. She doesn't race to the front of the gang anymore these days. We end up falling behind to the last or second to last of the horses. But thats ok, she does her best as she always has, and we have a great time. It took three days for my leg muscles to stop aching, lol but it was worth it. I did not have my usual western saddle, so I had to use more muscle to ride with my english one! I think its easier on her to have a lighter saddle anyway! I think I'll try to go again next week :)

1 comment:

~Betsy said...

This week did seem to fly by - definetly a good thing. Thanks for the video of the concert. It was a good time even if we did have weird people in front of us.