Sunday, September 23, 2007

Its STILL September?

seconds feel like minutes, minutes feel like hours, hours feel like days, days feel like weeks, weeks feel like years, and months are decades!

This is how I feel sometimes about deployments. When I get to talk to Tony, its not so bad and time passes a bit quicker. This weekend, Tony had to spend a few days out in the field, which is actually a desert somewhere. This is the first time in like 2 in a half weeks I have gone more than one day with out some type of communication. I kept reminding myself he'd be back to the hooch to be able to talk to me by 11:00pm his time, 4:00pm my time. Well four o'clock as come and gone, it is nearly six, and I have not heard from him. It is so hard to focus on something else instead of thinking, "wonder why he didn't call or get online yet? Wonder if they're still out there? I hope everything is ok. Wonder when I'll talk to him?" Because at least I had some very short term goal, make it until Sunday afternoon. Now I feel like, "hmmmm now what?"

Spirits are slowly falling as I look at the calendar and see there is still one more week before September is over. Tony keeps saying it'll go faster once we hit the half way mark. I let him keep thinking that because if it works for him, awesome! But I remember the last deployment and by the end of it, I was a wreck. I remember the weekend I left to meet him in NC. I was sick to my stomach with stress and shakey nerves. Maybe this time will be a bit better since he is not in Iraq.

Wake me when its over!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

NIKKI! WE WILL SURVIVE!! Remember? Fortune Favors THE STRONG!! We can sooooo do it! I'm here with you EVERY step of the way!! LOVE YOU TO PIECES!!! (((HUGS))) You're the best!!!

~Betsy said...

Baby steps....One day at a time, one step at a time...baby steps.