Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow Fall?!



*this morning at about 7:30am*


*the start of the snow*

*and 30 minutes later!!*


Yup, that is Jacksonville, North Carolina! Only 15 miles from the coast...covered in 2-3 inches of snow! I never in my wildest dreams imagined I'd see snow like this while I lived here. It looks like a winter wonderland. The entire town shutdown from the snow. A local girl I met at work, who has lived here her whole life, once told me she can count on two hands how many times she's seen snow here. I think this is one of the top ones with the most accumulation! She actually called me yesterday all excited about the snow. We worked together many days in a row during the slowest hours of the day, during those slow days we chatted about lots of things. One of them was winter in the north compared to winter in the south. So every time it snows here I get a text or a call, haha!








It snowed all day yesterday from about noon until ten or eleven last night. Tony didn't have to go on base for formation yesterday and today he has a 'delay' until noon. Schools closed, activities canceled. Its a good thing, temps dropped into the 20s last night. I can see the parking lot from my window and it looks like its a sheet of ice. But the sun is out and expected to shine all day, so it should melt quickly.


*voila! my white winter!*



If I hadn't seen it for myself, I wouldn't have believed it!

1 comment:

~Betsy said...

I think I would like your snowstorms. They are fast moving, everything and everyone shuts down and stays home, and it melts within 48 hours!

Glad you had a little taste of home! Miss ya'!