Monday, January 12, 2009

Really Muddy Equines!

These are some fun pictures of Fanny and Dale enjoying a rare winter thaw up home over Christmas time.





You can't tell in these pictures, but Fanny looks the best she has in the last two years. Because now she has round the clock care, someone always checking in on her, a nice low-key and quiet life. Not to mention never an empty water bucket and the right amounts of hay for the cold winter. Hay is an insulator and when given the right amount for their weight, horses can withstand much colder temperatures than us humans. She was perky and playful this day. Each visit home she looks fuller and happier! Who knows what the spring and summer will bring for her! I've been thinking about the possibility of taking her to a show this summer if she is up for it. And maybe even little Dale if I can get rid of his big belly. We shall see. In the meantime, I am just so happy about how good Fanny looks and how well she is settling in her new home.

1 comment:

~Betsy said...

They sure enjoyed their day of mud! LOL

I'm glad you think Fanny is looking good. I am really amazed at how much water she drinks. I had no idea. She is a real sweetheart....but I look forward to you being here to help with their caretaking!

Miss ya!