Thursday, January 8, 2009

Resolutions

Normally I don't really make a New Year's resolution. But I did this year. Maybe its because I have way too much time on my hands to think, or maybe its because I feel older and care about things I didn't before? Whatever the reason, here are a few of my resolutions:


1. Stop Biting My Nails - I've been biting my nails for as long as I can remember. The only time I can stop is when I have on fake nails. But then, once they come off, my nails are so brittle they break within hours. If I try to keep them painted and think about other things, I should be able to stop! I'll need a lot of good luck wishes with this, its my toughest!


2. Eat Healthy - I usually do eat healthy, but I will try to keep away from fast food and junk foods even more than I do already!


3. Keep Fit - Usually horse back riding and barn chores are what kept my muscle tone. But since I haven't been able to do these things, I've lost my more defined muscle tone. So until I'm back up around my equines, I'll make a resolution to exercise around 4 days a week. Either in the gym, playing soccer, or my WiiFit game.


4. Be More Patient - Oh yes, another tough one!! I am such an impatient person. Not so much about little things like a line in the bank or bad traffic. Although those things bother me, my biggest patience problem is for things in the long run. I get impatient about future careers, buying a home, or any other large life events. I like to know what is happening and when. And since these things cannot be planned out like I prefer, I have to learn to just be more patient. Wish me luck with that!


5. Keep Reading - In the past, I have neglected my love for reading. It was mostly due to the fact I was in college and they gave us enough reading for a year to squeeze into several weeks. I could hardly get my assigned reading finished, let alone any personal reading. Now that I have had so much more free time, I have gotten back to reading. I forgot how much I enjoyed it! So I will make a resolution to keep making the time even after I move back to Pittsburgh and start my first real job in the real world.



And so there they are, my five resolutions. I was going to put "find a job" on there, but that's something I will be doing regardless of whether its a resolution or not! Its not an option, its a must! Good luck to all the other resolution makers out there!

1 comment:

~Betsy said...

I hope you do well with your resolutions - especially the nails thing! You have pretty little hands and when your nails grow out, they really look nice.

Love ya!