Thursday, October 23, 2008

Looking Ahead

This weekend my husband and I are driving home for a really short visit. He is taking the written exam for the PA state police. I am so excited for him and nervous as well. I know he must be anxious about the exam. He only got the study guide a week ago and has been studying any chance he has. I hope this goes well for him.

Rita's is still Rita's for me...same old stuff. Business is slowing down with the cooler weather. These people think 60s are cold - HAH! When I was in elementary and high school, kids pulled out the skirts and shorts and flip flops once 60 degrees hit in the spring! But down here they have on Uggs and sweaters once it drops below 68 haha, what a difference in just 500 miles south of my hometown.

I've been thinking a lot about what to do for a career when I get back home. Its so hard. Sometimes I wish I would have kept up with Psychology, but when I was at Pitt, things just weren't working out in that direction. Should I go back? I'm not sure, I already have plenty of student loans to payback. Soon I'll start job hunting and updating my resume for a big girl job when I move home in 5-6 months.

Although, I woke up feeling inspired one morning, only my mom knows what I am talking about :) I don't feel ready to tell the world yet. But I am avidly working on a little something. Wish me luck with it my friends!

Oh and Fanny comes home in 2 days! I am really looking forward to this transition, it is time to say goodbye to my comfort zone and move on.

No comments: