Saturday, November 10, 2007

Pony Kisses!

So far today, I've spent most of the day in a barn of some sort. I got up this morning and drove over to the house where I horse sit. I've posted about this place before, although she is down to only two horses now. I let her horses out and then cleaned their stalls. This only took me about 30 minutes. Then I came home and brushed Dale so I could put his turn-out sheet on. Its not so much that I want him outside with his "jacket" on, but I don't want him to roll in the mud so I can put his stable blanket on tonight (or "jammies" as I call them). Its going down to 29 tonight, I think a blanket will necessary for bed! After putting Dale out, I proceeded to clean his stall and sweep up all of the loose hay in the barn. I hate when it collects and gets really hard to clean up. Plus, this helps keep the barn dust down which is easier on his breathing. After all this, I saw a rail down on his split-rail pasture fence. So I went over to try to fix it. I was having a difficult time with trying to get the rail to fit in the slot. Dale comes over and starts being the curious pony he is. Then he does something I've never him do! He started to nibble ever so lightly on my head with his lips. Then he was wiggling his lips on my face. I gave him a kiss on the nose and then he did it back to me on my cheek. I know this sounds crazy but I think he figured out how to kiss! It definitely helped put a smile on my face and lighten my mood. I love my little pony buddy!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

AW! DALEBIE LOVES HIS NIKKI! He knew you needed a little light hearted lovin' today!!! They can tell I swear! I hope this lifted your heart and your spirits!

~Betsy said...

Of course he learned how to give kissed - after all these years of kisses from you, he had no choice but to learn!

I love it when he turns the turn signals on in the car. I think that's one of his better tricks! :D