Monday, June 11, 2007

The Beginning

So I have decided to jump on the bandwagon and begin my own personal blog. After being in a special topics communication writing course at The University of Pittsburgh for the past five weeks, which is studying nothing other than blogs, I've become rather intrigued by the idea of this new publicized self disclosure thing (apparently it's all the rage these days!)

This blog will probably be very uninteresting to everyone else who reads it! However, I think it feels good to "get things out and in the open"...I suppose this is what blogs can do. A lot of my blog will talk about school, work, family, horses (one of my passions in life), and my fiance in the military who will be deploying at the end of July. This will be our second deployment together, however, I'm dreading the separation. Last time was Iraq, this time he is on a ship with the Navy...which I think is better? Maybe this blog can aid in the maintenance of my sanity :)



"You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period."

-Pursuit of Happyness

1 comment:

Lauren said...

hmmmm well I will be reading this frequently because we are never home at the same time to talk! Uhm I love you and I miss you and we will get thru this deployment just like the last one missy! Oh by the way AUGUST 9TH! HAHA I cant wait!

NEVERRRR SURRRENNNDERRRR!!!!!

Your Buddy,
Lauren